Friday, October 23, 2009

Labor and Delivery

Yes our precious little Aiden Michael was born on October 22, 2009 at 1:42PM. He weighed 8 lbs 4ozand was 20 inches long. I don't even know where to begin and I have already welled up just thinking about his little journey into life.

First I just have to say that the love I have for Aiden is so overwhelming it’s hard to control my emotions just thinking of him. I now know how every parent feels for their child....including mine. This is one of the reasons we are on this earth and it is just so beautiful. I have also found a new love for Zach. Just watching him with Aiden is the most amazing thing...he is already such a great daddy and Aiden is only 1 day old. I don't know what I would ever do without him.

So while I have some quiet time at the hospital I thought I would tell you what has happened so far. First off let me tell you labor SUCKS! But at about 7AM I woke up with some mild contractions. I kind of just kept an eye on them and went on with my normal morning routine. At about 8AM they still were getting more intense so I thought I better call Zach at work. We talked and decided that I would call my mom to come over with me and Zach would come home soon. So I called my mom and she came over. At about 9AM I felt my water break and new I needed to get ready to go to the hospital. Zach got home quick and he took me to the hospital while my mom picked up my little sister from school and my big sister from home and met us at the hospital.

When we got there I got checked in right away and put in a room. They checked me soon after and I was dilated to 4. I was in so much pain already it was ridiculous. I was seriously balling. I asked for an epidural right away and it took 1 ½ for the guy to get to me. I was livid! J I feel bad for Zach, my mom and sisters J. But finally he got there and was my hero! About 4 hours later it started to wear off and I got miserable again. They checked me again and I was about 9 cm dilated! They called the doctor and had me start to push. That was so hard!

So after about an hour of pushing, Aiden Michael was born at 1:42 PM! That had to be on of the best moments of my life seeing my baby boy that I waited 9 months for for the first time. I broke down in tears and was sooo happy.

We are all doing great! Aiden is sleeping and my mom and Zach went home for a few hours to get some rest. I have had soo many visitors already and I’m sure more to come tomorrow. It was so nice to see people I love come to support me. I think I am coming home Sunday if all goes well. I will try to post pictures soon. I don’t know what it will be like but I will try to very soon.

Thank you to everyone who has been there for me and put up with me. I love you!