Thursday, November 19, 2009

1 MONTH OLD!!!

Woah! How did we get here so fast? My sweet baby is ONE MONTH OLD already. I need to know how to slow time down a bit. Well, one solution is to get as much of this on video as possible so, Zach and I are ordering a really cool HD camera so that we can have baby Aiden forever...even when he's 16.

I started pumping this week. I don't love the act of pumping but I DO love that Zach can now get in on the feeding game :) And I love that when we are out and about, I have another option of feeding him. Speaking of which, Aiden got his first bottle this week as well. I was afraid he wouldn't take it, as most moms warn you, but she wasted no time chowing down that sucker. And he hasn't had any confusion when I breastfeed him regularly either. So now, his last feeding every night is a bottle and his daddy gets to feed it to him, unless there is a visitor that wants to help and daddy doesn't mind.

I have to share the two best thing ever! His white noise machine and his swing!

White Noise Machine: Aiden loves background noise. I guess it's because for the first few weeks of his life he ALWAYS had a visitor and there were always people chatting in the background. So, a friend of ours gave us a noise maker that I turn on during sleep times and, he loves it, goes right to sleep :) Although, I am looking for a more portable version, ours is quite large. I'm suddenly sorry I made fun of Jill for giving me it. :)

His Swing: This kid LOVES to swing. Since he is quite an alert baby, he only naps a couple times a day (which is not a lot for a kid so young) so the only way I get a shower some days is to put him in his swing. He will sit forever (if I'd let him) in that thing just swinging away. He likes to pick one spot on the wall and stare at it as he goes back and forth listening to his classical music. Most babies go to sleep in their swings but not Aiden, he is too excited to see everything pass him by over and over again...he's so darn cute.
In "not so good" news...I left Aiden for the first time :( I went to the store to get some cloths that fit since I am out of maternity clothes but still don’t fit into my “pre-pregnancy” cloths :( and left him with daddy. He did great! But I have never been so ready to stop shopping and get home!
So, he is back to sleeping better again. Well, this week he slept 6 1/2 hours, then 7 1/2 hrs, then 9 hours straight! Without a feeding. Now, this is not an every night thing yet but, it's progress for sure. Not like it really matters how long he sleeps, if he doesn't wake up to eat, I have to get up and pump regardless so, no rest for mommy :(

And the last cute things he started this week was screaming "ah!" He'll be sitting in his swing and if he is ready to get out, instead of crying, he yells, "ah!" haha. It's really cute. He does it periodically. Sometimes it's a mad "Ah" and sometimes it's happy "Ah".

Summary of one month with baby Aiden: I am blessed to be his mommy. He is making me paranoid beyond belief. I adore every inch of his body. I have never loved anything/anyone more! And I CAN NOT believe that he is a month old!