Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2 MONTHS!!

Aiden is now 2 months old! I can't believe how fast it went. He had his 2 month checkup today and he is perfect! He also got 3 shots today. He did a lot better than I did. Zach held him while I left the room. I could hear him scream when they were giving him the shots and of course I cried....shhh Zach was holding the tears back himself. Aiden actually did better than us both. He only cried for about 30 seconds after his shots then fell asleep the whole way home.

Developmentally he is changing too. This week Zach and I noticed that he tries to watch TV. haha, he just ignored it before and now, he turns his head to look at the light box! He can totally get his thumb in his mouth to suck but it doesn't satisfy him (too small I think), he has much better control of his hands and sucks on them to soothe himself (gave one hand a hickey the other day), and he laughs at things that I say to him. He is laughing all the time now, I love knowing that he is a happy baby...all is right in my world as long as that boy is smiling :)
As for sleeping patterns, here is his sleep schedule as of now: bottle at 8:00, lay him down at 9 or 9:30 (swaddled of course), he wakes at about 4:30 or 5 (at times even 6!) to eat, and then goes back to sleep until 8 or 9. Such a good little newborn :) I'm soo thankful for him! Merry Christmas everyone!!!