Monday, December 7, 2009

Another update! (1month 2weeks and 1day!)

Well, it officially snowed this weekend, BOO! I am a warm weather kind of girl, but I will say that all these hormones are making me more hot natured and I actually don't mind the cool snap we're having :) The weather getting colder is not helping motivate me to lose the rest of my baby weight. If I am just going to have to cover up all of my hard work with big sweaters, I might as well wait until summer to work out right?!? haha. Nah, P90X is about to be my best friend :(

At 6 weeks old we decided to try Aiden in his crib at night, all alone in his very own room without us...I felt so sad about this. I loved having him so close to me in his little Bassinet but as a mother, my success is determined by the fact that I raise my children to be independent of me. I hate that though, I want him to NEED me. But, I know he will be better off if he can survive on his own. Plus I figured it would be less traumatic to him if he got used to sleeping in his own room and bed while he is still young and doesn't know any better...it would be SO hard to put a 1 year old in his room and here him cry and call my name...it just wouldn't EVER happen at that point...
Turns out, he did great! We have the sound monitor, the video monitor AND the breathing monitor all hooked up in there so you would think I would just relax and get some sleep. But, I was just so frazzled that first night without him. I just stared at the video monitor all night long and kept going in there to check on him. But each night since then has gotten soooo much easier. He loves his crib and I LOVE that little boy! Plus I don't have to worry about the noise Zach and I make disturbing him any more :)Well, that is all for now, I can’t believe Aiden is a month and a half!